3/23/2012

Perk Of Home Ownership

So, some of my friends know that I have been renovating my front living room. It was originally a living room and front bedroom next to one another, but both were 12x12 foot rooms. Not tiny but still not a decent size for a living room. Well, I am a single man and I love movies and will eventually have a projector setup in there. So I tore out the wall and have been converting it into one room. So it is 12x24 foot room now. I pulled up the carpet that was in the bedroom and am pulling up the stickem tiles that were in the living room. Plan was to go back with pergo flooring (which I already have).

Well that being said, I have decided I am going to turn my living room into my restoration room for the next year (or however long it takes me to restore my bike). I would have to run power and cooling to my building out back to be able to work in there. My shop is only a 12x10 foot, which is not a bad sized shop...but for a 6'3 brawly guy like myself and a 700lb motorcycle....would be tight and frustrating. I have an old rug I am going to put down under the bike for the oil. Which I have pine sub-flooring down right now so if it stains it, it is no big deal.

Going to be building a cub shelf system and putting clear plastic totes in it for parts. Ziplock bags with labels for labeling parts. Some small buckets for soaking parts. Going to install some cheap shelving for other items and the like. My sister is printing out the high def wiring diagrams for the bike and I am going to frame them in cheap poster frames and hang them up.

I will get some pictures once I have it setup and make progress. :)

No comments:

Post a Comment